John O'Sullivan: Changing the Game in Calgary
CHANGING THE GAME
Helping coaches and parents keep the FUN in sport
Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:00PM to 3:00PM
KNB 132, Kinesiology Building, University Of Calgary
Join John O'Sullivan, renowned speaker, athlete, coach, and bestselling author for a fascinating and in-depth look at issues facing coaches and parents today.
Conventional wisdom holds that youth sports are a positive experience for our children, yet 70% of children drop out of organized athletics by the age of 13. Youth sports has become an ultra-competitive, adult centered enterprise that has taken the “play” out of “Play ball” for far too many kids, but we can change that. In this talk, you will learn:
- How to Keep Your Kids in Sports!
- How to Give your Child a Competitive Edge
- To Push and Praise Your Kids to Perform Well
- 3 Ways to Change Your Kids Sports Experience for the Better
- How To Motivate Your Kids to Take Ownership for Sports
- How to Help, and not Hinder, Their Performance Through the Things You Say and Do